I wish this was a good update however it's not. The past week has been terrible for us. Last Monday Ashleigh developed a rash around her vaginal region that looked initially like diaper rash. As the day progressed, it got redder and more puffy and she also developed a low grade fever. I got her into the Dr. Tuesday morning and was told it was probably contact dermatitis however that didn't explain the fever. The Dr. did a CBC and her white blood cell count was normal. The Dr. asked if I was comfortable waiting for a day to see if it got any better and treat it with Aquaphor. She advised if I wasn't comfortable with that I could take her to the hospital to have them do a CBC and blood culture. Going with mother's intuition that something wasn't right, I took her to the hospital and 20 minutes after getting home the Dr. called and said her count was 30.2 which is extremely elevated and we need to get her to the hospital ER right away. Todd took her to Beaumont and she was admitted Tuesday night. She was diagnosed with cellulitis and is on an antibiotic. They released her from the hospital Wednesday evening. She seems to be doing well, the redness is gone however now I'm concerned she may have a yeast infection. She does continue to gain weight and as of last week she is 8 lbs 9 ozs.
As for Faith, she was reintubated again on Saturday. Her blood gas showed her CO2 level at 100
%, she was extremely puffy and retracting very hard. To be honest, she looked terrible when we got there to see her. She was on 95% O2 with a high rate and pressure. She has been weened significantly since then however we got a call this morning that she self extibated 2 times over night. I'm currently waiting on a call back from the nurse to tell me how it all unfolded. They are in the middle of rounds right now. Todd and I have requested a meeting with all her Dr.'s on Friday. Ashleigh will be with us and maybe we can get the girls a little time together.
I also wanted to let you all know WORLD TTTS FOUNDATION AWARENESS DAY is Dec. 7th. Here is the website to get more educated http://www.tttsfoundation.org. I put a phone call into the woman that runs the foundation this morning. Todd and I think we need a second opinion on Faith's treatment since she just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I will also probably set up a page on the website for Ashleigh and Faith.
Thank you everyone for your continued prayers and support.
Love,
Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Michelle & Todd
Your family continues to be in our prayers. We continually ask ourselves what we could do to help, and we have no answers. Please take some comfort in knowing that we are thinking of all of you, and would like to help in some way.
Your friends in Greenville
We just continue to pray and hope that you and Todd have the stamina for what is put in front of you. I know that you both are fantastic parents and that you are doing everything possible to keep both girls and Parker safe. I pray that God guides your hands and your hearts. Be well, keep strong and know that so many out there are with you in spirit.
Love,
Meredith, Gerrit and Anneka
We hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas. We will be thinking and praying for you! Amanda
Post a Comment